ICCS areas of clinical specialization include:
- Adaptation to and coping with chronic health conditions and/or disability
Sexual Health, Sex Therapy, and Intimate Relationships
- Addressing changes in sexual functioning, new and long-term sexual relationships concerns, and acquiring skills to maintain and improve health sexual practices and relationships
Addressing self-awareness and personal growth through life changes including:
- Career/job transitions
- Aging changes associated with loss of independence and increased need for assistance from others
- Self and family changes secondary to separation, divorce, death, and/or children leaving for college or work
- Desire for increased meaning in life
Adult clinical assessment and psychotherapy services are available and delivered to individuals, couples, and in groups. Services are provided through evidenced-based assessment and treatment approaches including:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Therapy
- Culturally-Based Affirmative Therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Integrative therapy
- Of course, ICCS clinicians recognize that the most important component of evidence-based treatment is a strong therapist-client relationship
ICCS offers adult clinical services to a wide array of individuals including those who identify from diverse backgrounds and life experiences. Our trained culturally competent mental health providers welcome adults who self-identify as:
- Living with chronic health condition(s) and/or a disability
- Older adults
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, questioning
- Men who have sex with men (MSM) and women who have sex with women (WSW)
- Ethnic or racially diverse
- Other self-defined diverse identities
ICCS offers adult couples clinical services to a couples who want to improve their relationships. We welcome diverse relationships.
Our trained culturally competent mental health providers provide brief, evidence-based couples therapy to assist you with:
- Improving communication
- Increasing sexual satisfaction
- Adjusting to changing life circumstances (chronic illness/injury, empty nest, becoming parents, trying to conceive)
- Enhancing overall emotional and physical intimacy
We begin with a thorough clinical assessment of relationship and sexual history, mental and physical health, current strengths, goals, and value each partner’s perspective.
ICCS is offers assessment and therapy services remotely via telehealth to assist clients in accessing services even when distance and/or transportation may be barriers to traditional “in office” therapy. Offering telehealth services is part of our commitment to make mental health treatment accessible to as many people as possible.
What is telehealth? Telehealth is the use of technology to provide real-time healthcare to clients from a distance. We use live video to provide assessment and therapy services to our clients in their homes, offices, and/or while traveling within the state of California. Clients do not have to come to our office for therapy appointments and instead can see their provider via live videoconference.
- Privacy: We use a technology platform that is both secure (encrypted) and HIPPA compliant. You do not have to create an online account with identifying information. We are able to identify our clients user name but your personal information remains anonymous within the technology platform.
- Equipment needed: A webcam, microphone, and internet access. The technology works with either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browsers, as well as an app for iPhones (Android users can use the Chrome browser). There is no downloading of apps required.
- Effectiveness of telehealth: Multiple research studies have shown that therapy via telehealth is just as effective as face-to-face intervention.
- User friendly: This technology is very user friendly and does not require skills outside of basic computer knowledge to facilitate. We are happy to assist you with navigating the process